Textbooks offer differing accounts of wartime eventsShorenstein APARC in the news: Nippon.com on May 29, 2012
Japanese textbooks, long a subject of controversy, tend to actually present a dry, unpatriotic account of World War Two, says Daniel Sneider in a recent Nippon.com article. A comparative understanding of different textbook descriptions of the war, a focus of the Center's Divided Memories project, is one way to move toward lasting reconciliation in East Asia.
- » English-language version
- » Japanese-language version
- » Chinese-language version (simplified)
- » Chinese-language version (traditional)
- » French-language version